Nineteen Things for Nineteen Years
Hello you lovely humans!
Today on April 7th marks my 19th birthday! For the past two years now on my blog I have shared with you—sitting on the other side of this screen—some of my top lessons I learned that year. I love being able to look back and reflect on the my accomplishments, failures, and the things I did to push myself further. 18 was a year of creating, letting go, and pushing myself out of my comfort zone. I couldn't be more thankful for some of the things that year 18 brought me.
I am confident that 19 has so much in store for me, even if those things will make me uncomfortable. Going into this year I have a lot on my mind, but for starters, here are nineteen things I've learned in my nineteen years —
- Every day is a great day to wear whatever the heck you want and feel your best self
- It’s okay to not be okay, but it’s not okay to stay there
- It’s a really great feeling to find people that have the same aspirations as you
- Take the time to figure out what you’re passionate about, there’s no need to rush
- The hardest things... need to be heard the most
- You’re not going to get your point across if you don’t voice it
- People deserve to hear how they make you feel
- You are capable of anything you set your mind to; big or small
- You can’t find happiness in other people
- If you’re too comfortable, then you aren’t challenging yourself enough
- You become the person of the people you surround yourself with; choose wisely
- There’s always room for more creating
- Admire someone else’s beauty without questioning your own
- Applaud others’ work and take it as inspiration to make yourself better, not bitter
- Numbers do not define your worth
- It’s better to risk it rather than living in a life of “what if’s”
- Just because they’re succeeding before you, doesn’t mean they’re succeeding instead of you
- The best humans show up at the most unexpected times
- Be unapologetically.. you.
xo, hann claire