Seventeen Things For Seventeen Years
I've got to say, going into my seventeenth year I don't feel much different. Do you ever really feel older when your birthday comes around? Seventeen. Huh... I mean it's basically a filler year between getting your driver's license and being classified as an adult. I may not be old and wise but this young, seventeen year old mind has lots to say and learn. Here are a seventeen things I've learned for my seventeen years of existence....
- You’re not going to be everyone’s cup of tea & that’s okay.
- Pulling a stray fringe on your favorite sweater does indeed create a giant hole in your favorite sweater resulting in losing your favorite sweater. (still salty about it)
- Taking time for yourself is important. Don’t let anyone take that away from you.
- Write EVERYTHING down. Thoughts, ideas, lists.. Do NOT fall for the ¨Oh I’ll remember later.¨ No, you will not remember it later. Also, you might just find a purpose for it in the future.
- Forever is a long time, high school is 4 years. High school is not your forever.
- Just go for it. That boy you like? Tell him how you feel. You’ve got nothing to lose.
- It’s okay to be mad or sad or angry. You’re not always going to be happy. Cry it out & move on with your head held high.
- Wear what you want. That’s all there is to it.
- Don’t let someone’s negative mood determine your mood or day.
- YOU CAN DO IT. Just thought you should know.
- Support your friends even for the littlest of accomplishments. Their happiness is worth everything.
- Just because it isn’t happening now doesn’t mean it never will.
- Music makes any mood better.
- ¨Kill them with kindness¨ - words from my mother (It really does work.)
- Keep an open mind.
- Post as many selfies as you want because you are stunning.
- Laugh as much as you can, happiness can be contagious.